Saturday, October 22, 2005

Dumb Celebs

To mere mortals, such as myself, celebrities seem to have it all: Money, beauty, great "freebies" from companies and designers...yet often times they make the stupidest choices. Like Britney Spears, for example. Her and her hunky (parasitic) husband, Kevin Federline, are broke BUT THEY KEEP SPENDING BIG MONEY. Now, according to Life & Style Weekly, they are bouncing checks.

Britney's latest big purchase is a third home, in England, for $6 million dollars. As for Kevin Federline, his recent "venture" is a multi-million dollar dance school he is building with Joe Jackson, Michael Jackson's father. So who has been taking care of the couple's newborn baby, Sean Preston Federline, while Britney and Kevin are out spending money they don't have? Britney's mom, Lynne Spears, of course! And Britney is hoping that her mother will "come to the rescue" financially as well, "to make sure Kevin doesn't spend all of (Britney's) money."

The other "major" crazy celeb, in my opinion, is Katie Holmes. I understand that Tom Cruise was her "childhood crush" and that she is now "living out (her) dreams" by being with him, but NO MAN is worth converting to Scientology for. I'm sorry, but this religion is just nuts. Amongst the religion's many controversial beliefs (aliens inhabiting the body, for one) is their "birthing beliefs." If poor Katie, who is pregnant with Tom's child, is going to follow the Scientologist's (Tom's) beliefs and practices, she will have to give birth (1) without any medication and (2) she can't scream out or cry. Of course the founder of this religion, L. Ron Hubbard, was a man -- no surprise there!

What is it with religion and misogyny? It seems like every religion -- at least the ones I know of -- hate women. I mean, not allowing the woman any medicine for giving birth AND not allowing them to scream or cry? That's horrible! Everyone I know who has given birth (I haven't done it, personally) says it was the most excruciating pain in their lives! If that is the case, I hope Katie goes ahead and takes the meds available to her. Poor thing. And from what I read and hear, her relationship with Tom and the whole "Scientology" thing is really putting a strain on her relationship with her family. I'll be praying for Katie Holmes -- and her family.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree!!! Katie Holmes how stupid can you be to get pregnant BEFORE you get married to a man who's been divorced twice!!!

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Just Me said...

I'm reading the book "Kingdom of the Cults". It is fascinating to me. I'm reading the chapter about Scientology and just the way this religion got started is just crazy. Quote from Mr. Lafayette Ronald Hubbard: "Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion." The following year he made his first self-help religious book.
I doubt Tom would even LET Katie take any drugs...if he thought it was bad that Brooke Shields took anti-depressants....I'm sure epidural is a no-no!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you honestly know the financial status of B. Spears? Are you her friend, relative or personal accountant? Or, do you assume everthing you read in celeb gossip rag sheets to be true? The girl has worked her tail off from a child to get what she has achieved. It's too bad she is now just fodder for the gossip mill. Or fodder for people who don't know enough about what's happening in the world to post intelligent well informed comments.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Papigiulio said...

Nice to bash bloggers with anonymous posts, its her blog, let her talk about whatever she wants.

1:22 AM  
Blogger American Princess said...

Thanks for standing up for me, Papigiulio, but it's OK; I don't let other peoples' negativity get to me. :o)

5:56 PM  
Blogger BritBoy said...

ew...that whole Katie Holmes thing grosses me out! If you like the whole TomKat issue, keep your eyes on my blog..there will be a fuuunny TomKat revelation coming soon!
It's been so long since we talked American Princess!! How are you?

BritBoy
http://britboyla.blogspot.com

7:18 PM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

another weird thing about scientology is that you are not allowed to talk to the newborn baby for a week. the believe that since the baby has gone through so much w/ the birth it doesn't need to hear all the voices and something about it coming back to haunt them. very very strange. i really like your blog by the way.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous April said...

Damn woman! I guess I somehow missed your rss feed on my aggregator... ((hugs)) I'm SO UNBELIEVABLY SORRY I missed this entry... and it's such a good one! WTF IS up with mysogynistic religions?!

12:40 AM  
Blogger American Princess said...

britboy: It has been a long time! Great to hear from you again!

sylvie: Thanks for the compliment on my blog!

april: Hey, girl! I'm glad you like this entry! Thanks for the compliment!

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://raynbmvd.com/cmhf/auli.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vkrgnurr.com/wreo/xrby.html]Cool site[/url]

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://raynbmvd.com/cmhf/auli.html | http://fewfrkrk.com/kibf/jvwb.html

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home