Thursday, August 18, 2005

Damn Tourists!

I'm so glad that summer is finally coming to an end, and not just because I am excited over Fall fashions (though that is a part of it). The thing is, summertime is also tourist time here in NYC, and I can't stand tourists. Sure, they represent a major source of income for NYC -- that's pretty much the only good thing about them -- but they are so annoying!

For example, as I exited the 5th Avenue train station (at 58th street, Central Park South) last Saturday, there was this mob of people who weren't moving. The people just stood there, blocking the exit and taking up the sidewalk. As I struggled to get through the crowd, I figured that "something must be up" to create such gridlock -- but there wasn't. It was just a mass of tourists standing around, doing nothing but talking to one another and getting in my way. I was like, "What the f***k?"

Then, as I entered Bergdorf Goodman, where I work, I was "greeted" by another large grouping of tourists who were just standing around, looking at things and taking up space. I knew they were tourists (and not the regular Bergdorf clientele) because they dressed like crap. I kept thinking to myself, "Oh HELL no! I can't believe these people have the nerve to come into Bergdorf's looking like THAT!"

I tried to navigate through the crowd, but it took me several tries before I could get an elevator -- these people just DO NOT move! I was trying to be polite, saying "Excuse me" and all, but even being nice and asking them didn't get them to budge! They're just a bunch of low-class, poorly dressed, white trash hicks who don't belong in New York City, much less in an upscale establishment such as Bergdorf Goodman.

I'll be so gland when they're gone.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Mika said...

A word of advice/caution, since you made mention of your place of employment, your statements can and will get you in a world of trouble. Companies aren't too lenient when it comes to employees insulting their clientele on or off the job. Had you not made mention of their name, non of this would warrant any such warning…trust me, from one Diva to another, u may want to delete this post and any others like it or at minimum revise the wording--omitting the name Bergdorf Goodman altogether. I’ve seen it happen…I’ve had to fire a couple of people in my day because of it.

Just a word of advice…

6:06 PM  
Blogger Elisa said...

Haha...I'm always too scared to go into luxury department stores because I never feel like I fit in. You've now confirmed that for me :)
love,
elisa

2:38 AM  
Anonymous luv2bhappy said...

Wow...you're sad! When you go on vacation do you not stop to look at anything? Doesn't sound like you can afford a vacation. BTW...you WORKED (and got canned) at Bergdorf's, you weren't the one in there spending money. Get off your high horse honey...you're obviously not that great. Princess my ass....WANNABE....

12:19 AM  
Anonymous white trash said...

This is bizarre. You appear to want sympathy from others, such as regarding your job loss and your inevitable lecture regarding the racism of others. Obviously you have one standard for others and another for yourself; and apparently are too stupid to see the contradiction.

4:12 AM  
Blogger STL said...

Enjoyable Blog, come check out our
internet shopping site. Whether you are online shopping for cooking tools or other items, you can find them here. Make sure to check out the after Christmas bargains!

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home