Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Omarosa is my hero!

The fifth season of the Surreal Life just started two weeks ago on VH-1 and, to my delight, Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth is part of this season's cast. Omarosa, who became famous for her role on the hit TV show "The Apprentice," has to be the most under-appreciated woman on television today. Here is a person who used her intelligence, beauty and wit to not only get out of the poor, violent neighborhood in which she grew up, but who also utilized her skills and assets to become the most talked about celebrity in reality-TV history.

Unfortunately, most of the talking people do about her is negative. For some reason, completely unbeknownst to me, people don't seem to like her much. Maybe it's because she is a dark-skinned black woman who speaks proper English, or because she is more beautiful, smarter, classier and more successful than most -- or all of the above. Whatever the reason may be, it doesn't matter to me; I like her. A lot.

Omarosa doesn't take crap from anyone and won't settle for anything less than the absolute best -- and why should she? No one gets to the top by agreeing to settle for less, professionally or otherwise. That's why I think her decision to leave her ball-and-chain husband, Aaron Stallworth, was a smart one. Aaron didn't like his wife's newfound fame and didn't want her to pursue the numerous opportunities in the entertainment industry offered to her after the success of The Apprentice. Ever the career woman, Omarosa chose work over her spouse, and filed for divorce. Now there is nothing holding this diva back from conquering the world, and I look forward to her doing so.

5 Comments:

Anonymous April said...

I think the reason a lot of people don't like her, is because of her attitude. Then again, in the U.S., if you're a black woman, you better be ultra tough! We don't have the luxury of white privalege.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Beth G. said...

When I first saw Omarosa, I thought, here is a strikingly beautiful, intelligent woman (the color of her skin was irrevelant to me other than I was happy to see diversity on The Apprentice and hoped that would remain throughout the show). I was so disappointed when the camera caught her telling lies and exaggerating the truth...over and over again, right up to the finale (remember the phone call...she denied the details of the conversation, which were caught on tape and showed she lied). I wouldn't uphold her at all as an example for anyone, male or female, black, white, hispanic, whatever. Instead, women like Oprah who truly do use their intelligence for the betterment of humanity, are far better role models than someone seeking her 15 minutes of fame by being outrageous and then pretending that she is completely lucid and innocent. Sad. I'm not knocking you...just my two cents.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Keira said...

Well, I like Omarosa because of her ability to succeed in a society where African American women are catching AIDS like flies, having unwanted babies like rabbits, barely finishing high school, and all aspiring to be video-hoes. So, yes I support her success as well as the most powerful woman in the world Condoleeza Rice, according to Forbes.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact alone that you like this woman speaks volumes about you.

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omarosa is a coniving liar. She has no loyalty to anyone. She is pathetic

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home