Thursday, July 28, 2005

If you can buy it, why not try it?

I hate the recent trend of celebrities -- people who have LOTS of money -- looking broke and trashy.

Take the Williams sisters, Venus and Serena, for example. These two tennis goddesses have enough money to hire a full-time, personal hair dresser for EACH of them, yet they always have the worst weaves! Take a look at the picture of Venus, below. It's a tragedy! Her hair looks like it's falling off! There's simply no excuse for it.

Paris Hilton is known for being over-the-top, but one area that she falls short on is her choice of tiaras. When she wears a tiara to "compliment any outfit," it is always something so small it's barely visible! Just try to see her tiara in the picture on the left. If she pays more than $3 for those things, she's been ripped off. As a former beauty pageant queen AND director, I know that there are plenty of large, spectacular-looking tiaras and crowns available that would suit Ms. Hilton much better.

What I hate the worst, though, is when multi-millionaires dress like they're homeless. What's with Britney Spears (right)? She has more than enough money to buy some decent clothing -- unless her husband, Kevin Federline, spent it all.
And why don't celebs dress their children? If I was a multi-millionaire mother, I'd buy my kids the cutest designer clothes available. Instead, celebrities these days dress their kids in crap IF THEY EVEN DRESS THEIR KIDS AT ALL!!Uma Thurman, Elizabeth Hurley...their kids always seem to be running around naked. Now Heidi Klum's daughter has been photographed naked on the beach (left). What is with these people?

6 Comments:

Anonymous chele said...

oh my gosh.. I am sorry to post out of turn.. but i saw your story about the kitten at April's. I have a like story. We found a kitten and brought it home .. as the night went buy i knew we wouldn ot keep that cat. You see it was very sick. I had to take it to the pound. When I tried to bath it.. it was bleeding from somewhere.. it was he right thing to do.. yet I feel so sad that it ended that way..
So I wanted to stop by and say sorry to you too..
m

10:52 PM  
Blogger BritBoy said...

OH MY GOD! First off, you are the best blog commenter ever!!! Thanks so much for your comments on my blog, they were great, I almost felt like i knew you lol
Secondly, I agree that looking trashy when you have money is uncalled for, but I don't have money and I like to dress like the homeless...

Its called Derelicte lol

HAHAHAHAHA your Stewie quote was classic "whatever helps you sleep at night bitch" LOL

BritBoy
http://britboyla.blogspot.com

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps Ms. Hilton has some common sense that you don't seem to have. To compliment does not mean to out-shine. Her tiaras may be small, but they are asteful. It seems to me that your need to be shiny and glittery is to compensate for the money you DON'T have.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Las Fashionistas said...

Anonymous, at least Diva isn't afraid to put her own name to her work, unlike some people I could name. You're just jealous that you have nothing witty to say.

Diva, this is a cool blog. Keep it up!

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because these people ARE RICH they don't need to try to prove it by what they wear. Unlike you who fronts on the big "poor little rich girl" persona. I can only imagine how much time you spend TRYING TO LOOK LIKE WHAT YOU WISH YOU WERE. When you should actually be bettering yourself through knowledge to at least sound halfway intelligent =)

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Las Fashionistas,
Do you think hiding behind yet another cheesy blog tag is putting your name to your work? No, there are just some of us who get bored and like to read these absurd wastes of space and poke fun at you. Believe me when I tell you that reading all of your ignorant shallow posts makes me feel good!!!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home